Avonmead is an established Chartered Certified Accountancy Practice with offices in the heart of Birmingham’s business district – at The Colmore Building.
As we are based in Birmingham city centre, our offices couldn’t be easier to get to! We are just a short walk from Snow Hill and New Street train stations, and we also offer free parking to all our clients that are visiting our offices.
Due to our great location, we encourage our local clients to come and meet with us when necessary. However, we are more than happy to go and meet our clients at their premises if they would prefer, and we are also happy to travel across the Midlands. Should you wish to arrange a meeting or an initial call to discuss our services in further detail, please contact us using the details below.
As Chartered Certified Accountants we know the city is one of the UK’s best places to set up a business. As the city has a 5-year start-up survival rate of approximately 40%, it is home to many successful businesses that have established longevity as a result of the city’s abundant opportunities and continual growth.
Founded by Birmingham born Robert Simpson in 2017, Avonmead aims to help clients grow, scale, adapt, and sustain their businesses within the ever-changing landscape of financial planning and online accounting. Avonmead is innovative in the way is uses accessible and robust web-based technology, whilst still offering the flexibility to pick up the phone to a small team of dedicated accountants, who understand and knows a client’s individual business needs.
We specialise in providing proactive, practical support to help you grow and scale up your business. Our team has extensive experience working at "Big Four" accountancy firm, KPMG and we focus on supporting start-up limited companies.
We differentiate ourselves from other accountancy firms that offer the standard accounting services in the following ways and we continue to evolve our business to ensure we utilise the latest cloud accounting technology to support you and your business.
1. We respond to all emails within a maximum of 24 hours. We consistently receive feedback from our clients and referral partners that our clients frequently receive responses within 1-2 hours that provide the concise, jargon free information to resolve any questions they have.
2. You are supported by a team of qualified accountants. It's great having one point of contact, but as we have experienced at other "Big Four" accountancy firms, there is nothing worse than when your services are disrupted by your accountant being away on holiday, with limited support available to you and your business. At Avonmead you are allocated a partner and a client manager to ensure you always receive a response and your services are not disrupted should a team member be unavailable. Our clients love the support of having a team of accountants helping their business to grow and answer any questions they have promptly. Whether you need support on how to extract your profits tax efficiently, how much should you pay yourself each month or supporting you during the process, you will always have a team of accountants to support you and your business.
3. Your team of accountants are based in the UK. This is one of our core values and fundamental to how we deliver our services to our clients. If you have any questions or if you are looking for prompt support and would like to pick up the phone to speak to your team of accountants or if you would like a face to face meeting, our team of accountants are more than happy to see you. We have experienced first hand the frustrations from outsourcing bookkeeping overseas and this is why at Avonmead, we are commited to creating jobs and opportunities for our team based in our offices in Birmingham or Bristol.
4. We are a young, modern and talented team of accountants with a remarkably low staff turnover. Our team have worked together for many years and our philosophy to develop talent from within helps us to retain the right people which in turn ensures you do not experience a change in accountant month after month. We've seen circumstances in other firms where the staff turnaround is so high clients have had 6 accountants in 12 months which causes a significant amount of disruption to a clients business.
5. We love technology. Why is this important? You can buy an iPhone from anybody, but the phone is just the beginning. The real excitement begins when you download your apps, but most importantly the right apps for you, the right apps for your business. We specialise in cloud accounting technology and we actively use technology in our business and personal lives on a daily basis. We can provide you with support on what payment solution you should use for your business or help you with integrating your e-commerce platform with your accounting system. Our team of accountants can help you identify software to support with areas such as cashflow forecasting, budgeting, e-commerce integrations, CRM solutions and much more.
6. We partner with start-up incubation hubs such as Birmingham Enterprice Community based at Alpha Works in Birmingham, helping start-up businesses across the Birmingham area. We also work closely with start-up companies at serviced offices such as iHub located on Colmore Gate in Birmingham and The Orega Building at 20 Colmore Circus Queensway. We are the number one choice for businesses looking to work with technology focused accountants based in Birmingham for start-up limited companies and SME businesses.
Focused on developing cloud accounting and tax advisory services, Avonmead offers a variety of accountancy services to a range of businesses in Birmingham, in many sectors including; tech start-ups, SME’s, established businesses, freelancers, sole traders, and contractors. Additionally, we support overall financial planning to help our clients build a business they can be proud of and develop.
As an innovative and technology focused accountancy practice, we always encourage the use of cloud accounting software especially in regard to local bookkeeping in Birmingham. We are flexible in terms of the software our clients would prefer to use and therefore provide services via Xero, Sage Business Cloud and Quickbooks Online (to name a few), to our clients. Though our range of clients often rely on us as their sole small business accountants within Birmingham, we also offer a range of affordable and fixed price services.
Services we provide include;
Our team has decades of experience using Xero within a big 4 accounting firm, helping start-up and growing businesses to automate their accounting function and support their business needs and support with challenges they encounter along their journey.
We pride ourselves in the quality of our UK team of accountants and strongly believe in building strong relationships with our clients and providing opportunities for career development. All accounting services are completed by our UK team of accountants and you can speak to us by email or by phone when you need us. We can arrange face to face meetings at our offices or arrange onsite visits.
We use Xero to run our business, demonstrating our belief in Xero and the benefits it can bring to your business. Using Xero in our business ensures we understand the software thoroughly and can support our clients using the right software to connect with Xero for their business.
All of our team members have several years of experience as Xero certified advisors and we are proud to be Xero Silver Partners.
With over 20 years' combined experience in cloud accounting software our team specialise in Xero and know the software inside out.
If you have a Xero question and need support from a specialist contact us now to find out how we can help you transform your business and accounting function.
We understand every client's circumstances and requirements are different and welcome the opportunity to arrange a call with you or a Zoom meeting to discuss your business requirements and how we can support you.
We will provide you with a fixed fee quotation and you will be supported by our fantastic team of UK accountants.
As chartered accountants, we are regulated by the ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), and this together with our outstanding reviews from our clients is a key measure of our high services and standards.
It is vitally important that you work with an accountant that is qualified and regulated by a professional body to ensure you receive the most up to date advice and professional support for your business.
In February 2020 we were awarded the Small Practice of the Year category thanks fo our technology initiatives, client feedback, staff satisfaction and impressive business growth.
Adam Wright our Associate Director, and James Faulkner, Manager, are both based in our Birmingham office and would be delighted to discuss your accountancy needs and requirements
The Colmore Building, 20 Colmore Circus Queensway, Birmingham, B4 6AT
09:00 – 17:00
Copyright © 2020 Avonmead Chartered Certified Accountants - All Rights Reserved.
Avonmead Chartered Certified Accountants is a trading name of Avonmead Ltd (registered number 10972902) a limited liability company registered in England and Wales.